[Zope-dev] Re: ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.2.1 released - breaks my zcla ss instances too.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:22:47 -0400

> I'm absolutely sure that NONE of the things which were broken in the
> original Data.fs had the slightest/faintest connection with any of the
> products I expunged. It was removing the cruft alone which fixed the
> problem.
>
> Doesn't this (and the other episode reported by Andy) raise
> the issue of
> what we can do to ensure that a broken product or piece of a product
> doesn't stop a healthy product and its instances (completely
> independent
> in the sense of not using any of the broken product's base classes or
> classes) from working?

I havent been able to reproduce Andy's issue yet either (though
we're working to figure it out). At this point the only common
thread seems to be "nested ZClasses", though it is apparently
not as simple as that. Anyone seeing this problem who can
provide me with a zipped up Data.fs and a _complete_ description
of what (Python) products are installed in the affected installation
would help greatly in being able to reproduce the problem...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909