[Zope-dev] how to access propertiesheets of a base ZClass

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Sun, 03 Dec 2000 10:47:10 -0500

Hi, Joachim

I just answered almost the same thing on the zope list, so it's fresh in
memory.

Joachim Schmitz wrote:

> in a derived ZClass
>
> I created a ZClass Field
>
> with a propersheet Basic with some Properties like:
>
> name,title,type,order and so on.
> I defined also a new view for this Basic Propertysheet FieldBasic.
>
> Now I defined an IntField ZClass with the Field as baseclass, and wanted to
> access and set for example the type-property. But in my new ZClass I don't
> have a FieldBasic management tab.
>
> If I create a new instance of Field I get the FieldBasic tab.
> any enlightment to this is welcome.

Good.  You created the view in the base class.  This was important.

Click the Views tab in your IntField ZClass.  There should be something
called propertysheets/Basic/manage in the Method select list.  It came
from the Field class.  Use it.  You may name it "FieldBasic" if you
wish.

Regards,

-- Jim Washington