[Zope-dev] Search Interface [was 'case insensitive sorts']

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 10:31:26 +0000

Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> Hm, reading this... just a loose comment.
> In light of the awkward search interface of ZCatalogs, would it be a good
> idea to make a search interface for ZCatalog ZPatterns based? T

I'm starting to feel like a stuck record on this, but lots of people
seem to be asking for it in their own way... ;-)

If the ZSearch Interface was properly documented and fully featured (ie
defined how you search an object that supports the interface, and how
you would index objects using that interface) then we wouldn't be stuck
with the ZCatalog. It would enable people to write SQLIndexers,
ZPatterns-based Catalogs and anything else they want, all of which would
be freely interchangeable with the ZCatalog.

Comments?

Chris