[Zope-dev] Catalog class--does it support boolean queries?

Marc Conley mconley@oconley.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:58:17 -0500

I am working on a project which requires the use of the Catalog class
(versus ZCatalog) for
indexing and querying. I have basic full text indexing and querying working
correctly but
boolean queries seem not to work. Should boolean queries work using Catalog
or is it
necessary to use ZCatalog instead to get that functionality?

This is how I am submitting the query to the Catalog object:

results = sdb.cat({"content" : query})

where sdb is a ZODB, cat is the catalog object, and content is the name of
the full-text index. query is
the query the user typed, which could be

"(apples and oranges) or plums"

(without the quotes) for instance. Thanks in advance for any assistance
anyone can provide on this question.