[Zope-dev] urllib not available in Python Scripts?

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:45:14 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Evan Simpson wrote:

> From: "Itai Tavor" <itai@optusnet.com.au>
> [...]
> Sure.  Since you've already got a MoreBuiltins module, that's probably a
> fine place to put this.  In MoreBuiltins/__init__.py (or a brand new Product
> directory of your choice) put the following lines:
>
>   import urllib
>   urllib.__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ = 1
>
> ...and similarly if you want to declare other modules PS-importable.  As of
> 2.3, the proper way to do this will be:
>
>   from AccessControl import ModuleSecurityInfo
>   ModuleSecurityInfo('urllib').setDefaultAccess(1)

I wonder whether that ought to be something like:

  from AccessControl import ModuleSecurityInfo, ENABLE_ACCESS
  ModuleSecurityInfo('urllib').setDefaultAccess(ENABLE_ACCESS)

?

The benefit of having an explicit name for "enable" is marginal, but would
become significant if there were other access modes besides ENABLE and
DISABLE - eg, "ENABLE_METHODS", "ENABLE_ATTRIBUTES", etc...

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com