[Zope-dev] Question about external method or python method!

Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:15:09 +0800

Hi.all
   In my project, I want to realize one function that:
     Verify Username and password form UserInform Database and if the input
is correct,then turn to one page. Else warning the user and exit.
   Now I use external method can only return the result "select * from
UserInfor where username=<dtml-var username> and password=<dtml-var
password>"
and it can return the record if exist.Or use Sql method do the same thing.
But I want to know that to the correct page due to different conditions.
   Like this:
           If exist user then
               Page one
           Else
               Page two , warning mesages
           End.
If use ESQL I can do it better ,But now it is Zope! And I am beginer.
  Can some one help me! or give me some advice.
Thanks a lot!
Victor zhai.

"WorldSecure Server <ogilvy.com>" made the following
 annotations on 02/01/00 22:14:04
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Ogilvy Group shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.