[Zope-dev] Scheduler product, anyone?

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:44:26 +0000

In article <news2mail-87e7ql$m7k$1@mate.bln.innominate.de>, Thilo Mezger
<news-list.zope.dev@innominate.de> writes
>"Loren Stafford" <lstaffor@dynalogic.com> wrote:
>> At one time there was talk on this list (or zope@zope.org) of building a
>> scheduler product -- something that would automatically execute specified
>> methods at specified times or time intervals.
>
>> Does anyone have such a product in the works? ...or is it time for me to
>> roll up my sleeves and get to work?
>
>would that be a lot different from writing an external python script
>that would be run by cron (on unix) and trigger a zope method
>via xml-rpc...?!
>
>thilo

Is there any nice way to get xmlrpc to pass a login/password to a server
that requires it? I looked in vain for such a thing in xmlrpclib.py.

Are all xmlrpc servers assumed to be world executable?

I looked in xmlrpclib.py ad it doesn't seem to use splituser so
presumably can't get at user:password.
--
Robin Becker