[Zope-dev] BannerFolder (Re: [Zope-dev] TIP: Must enable 'new' for FreeBSD Python 1.5.2 port to install PythonMethods)

Petru Paler ppetru@coltronix.com
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 12:07:57 +0200

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 04:11:58PM -0700, Bill Anderson wrote:
> Well, I am looking at two methods, one would have Base Classes in
> Python, that the ZClasses would inherit from. The management would all
> be done inside of Zope. I am implementing a "BannerManager" that would
> determine the defaults, etc..
>
> One advantage of Python is that it could be independant, as opposed to
> being dependant on other products. Perhaps the mix of ZClasses and
> Python would be the best.

   It is. Even if it requires frequent Zope restarts during the development
of the base class it's faster because you avoid yucky DTML programming.
   The trick is to be careful when you decide what to do in Python and
what to leave to the ZClasses.

-Petru