[Zope-dev] Old Products and the new HelpSys

Jochen Knuth J.Knuth@ipro.de
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:56:53 +0100

Hi,

I have a Zope installation running a recent cvs version.

If i add a new Product i get automagically a "Help (ProductName Help)"
Object.

But in older Products i can't add this and therefore the Views tab (as
defined in Zope/lib/python/ZClasses/views.dtml) produces a NameError
for "Help".

Is there a way to add this Help-Object to older Products?

I tried editing initializeProduct in Zope/lib/python/App/Product.py
and exporting and importing the Product. I added the following:

if not ihasattr(product,'Help'):
   product._setObject('Help', ProductHelp('Help', '%s Help' % name))

similar to the __init__ method of the Product class, but that doesn't
add it.

Ciao,
Jochen
Jochen Knuth          WebMaster http://www.ipro.de
IPRO GmbH             Phone ++49-7152-93330
Steinbeisstr. 6       Fax ++49-7152-933340
71229 Leonberg        EMail: J.Knuth@ipro.de