[Zope-dev] Better diagnostics during product load?

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:40:17 -0600

Loren Stafford <lstaffor@dynalogic.com> wrote:

> Often, when Zope tries to load my product, it logs the simple error message:
>     2000-02-21T23:51:57 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't install MyProduct
> There is no traceback, not in the log and not in the product screen of the
> Control Panel. I presume the problem is syntax errors in the Python code of
> the product.
>
> How can I get Zope to show me a traceback pointing out the syntax errors?

The simplest thing to do is to run Zope from the command line, passing the '-D'
flag to tell it to run in debug mode (the default "start" script does this).
The traceback from the failed product import will then dump to the console (I
think).

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com