[Zope-dev] Keyword Indexs and 'AND' searching

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:32:23 -0800

Jason Spisak wrote:

> Zopsters,
>
> I asked this before, but Iwas hoping Michel would speak to this.

I'm in the process of buidling a new life in Portland, so many things
have slipped by.

> Is there a way to use 'AND' with keyword indexes as with text indexes?
> If I pass ['foo', 'bar'] to the Catalog to search a keyword index I get
> back anything with 'foo' and anything with 'bar'.  What is the syntax to
> retrieve anything with both 'foo' and 'bar' as keywords?

You will have to do two searches and do an intersection yourself,
probably in an external method.  There is no generic query language at
the moment to do this.

-Michel