[Zope-dev] Folder Subclassing Problem

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 05:35:32 -0500

From: James W. Howe [mailto:jwh@allencreek.com]

<SNIP>

> I then add a user to
> the acl_users
> folder contained in my FilteringFolder.  I define a new role
> for this user
> and assign it to my new user.  From the security tab, I let
> my new role
> have access to 'View management screens', but nothing else.
> I then close
> my browser and reopen it.  I try to access the management
> interface to my
> folder using the URL given above.  This time, instead of
> authenticating as
> the super user, I authenticate as my new user.  Now, instead of zope
> halting, I get the default index_html screen for the folder.
> I don't see
> contents, and as far as I can tell, my manage_main is never
> invoked.  I
> don't understand this.  I'm sure this is some permission
> problem, but I
> haven't been able to figure it out.  Can anyone help explain
> what might be
> happening and what I would need to correct to make this work?  I can
> provide more information if that would help.

I still don't know for sure, as I don't have the time to investigate,
but I think there are some problems with the security interface, making
security too tight. It just doesn't work as expected.

Try this: Create your Role and user in the top-level acl_users folder.
Then give that Role permission to view management screens either on the
top-level folder or on your own product.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149