[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: Moving CVS repository

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:24:01 -0800

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:49:06 +0000
Robin Becker <robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> ...  Sourceforge seems to be a victim of its own success. It's
> often too slow to use from this side of the ocean as timeouts
> occur somewhere along the line and shut me down. I guess that must
> be due to the heavy load.

SoureForge is hosted at Above.Net, a tier 1 ISP that is one hop from
MAE West, and is multiply connected with an almost staggering
bandwith as you can see here:

  http://www.above.net/network/network.html

I also know the hardware and software at SF fairly well (I used to
work at VA right next to the SourceForge guys (the called "Cold
Storage")).  You're not running into load problems.  See the
following for hardware specs:

  http://sourceforge.net/docs/site/hardware.php

I suspect your performance problems are due to intercontinental
bandwidth, not SourceForge directly.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu