[Zope-dev] Re: Zope-Dev digest, Vol 1 #322 - 5 msgs

²âÊÔ cosix@263.net
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:57:23 +0800

zope-dev-admin£¬ÄúºÃ£¡,

ÔÚ 99-12-22 12:00:00 ÄúдµÀ£º
> [...]
>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>	zope-dev-request@zope.org
>You can reach the person managing the list at
>	zope-dev-admin@zope.org
>
>(When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
>"Re: Contents of Zope-Dev digest...")
>

>Today's Topics:
>
>  1. Possible bug in ZCatalog? (Harry Henry Gebel)
>  2. How can I modify the Zsql search interface? (victor.zhai@ogilvy.com)
>  3. Re: How can I modify the Zsql search interface? (Rik Hoekstra)
>  4. Install zope on Redhat 6.0 help? (victor.zhai@ogilvy.com)
>  5. How to display the current content in another windows? (victor.zhai@ogilvy.com)
>
>--__--__--
>
>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 03:32:05 +0000
>From: Harry Henry Gebel <hgebel@inet.net>
>To: "Zope-Dev@zope.org" <Zope-Dev@zope.org>
>CC: amos@digicool.com
>Subject: [Zope-dev] Possible bug in ZCatalog?
>
>I am running Zope 2.1.1 on a Mandrake Linux 6.1 system with the include
>Python 1.5.2 .
>
>While going through the steps in the XML Document article at
>http://www.xml.com/pub/1999/12/zope/index.html I got to the "Configuring
>a ZCatalog" section. When I typed
>
>getNodeName()=='entry'
>
>into the "expr" field I got two NameError exceptions
>lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/ZCatalog.py .  The names that where unknown
>where Eval and expr_globals. A quick look at the top of ZCatalog.py
>revealed that they where not being being imported so I added the line
>
>from DocumentTemplate.DT_Util import Eval, expr_globals
>
>to the imports. After adding this line I no longer got an exception when
>pressing the "Find" button.
>
>The search came up with no results instead of the two predicted in the
>article. I am not familiar with XML Documents or ZCatalogs, so I do not
>know if this is another problem with ZCatalog, a problem with XML
>Document  or the article, or if I have missed a step somewhere.

>Harry Henry Gebel             ICQ# 43675297
>West Dover Hundred, Delaware
>John McCain for President in 2000 http://www.mccain2000.com
>
>--__--__--
>
>Message: 2
>From: Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com
>Subject: [Zope-dev] How can I modify the Zsql search interface?
>To: zope-dev@zope.org
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:54:09 +0800
>charset=us-ascii
>

>HI,all
>   I want to build a project in which I want to search something from
>database and display them to user interface.
>But,I want to change the search interface to fit my requirment,What can I
>do.
>  Thanks a lot.
>  Victor zhai.
>

>"WorldSecure Server <ogilvy.com>" made the following
> annotations on 12/22/99 01:44:32
>Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are
not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such
case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to email for
messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of the Ogilvy Group shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it.

> [...]
>> do.
>

>What I use to do is first make a search interface and then modify it to suit
>my needs (remove search fields, add hidden fields, do some data mangling in
>the report, add conditionals etc). Usually it ends up quite different than
>it started ;-). I think this is the easiest way. It probably is the most
>secure way also, because you have something working to start with and can go
>forward from that.
>
>If you have sophisticated needs to change your result sets, you may consider
>using python classes to chew on them first. I never found a need for that
>yet, though.
>
>Hope this helps
>Rik
>

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 4
>From: Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com
>Subject: [Zope-dev] Install zope on Redhat 6.0 help?
>To: zope-dev@zope.org
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:49:37 +0800
>charset=us-ascii
>

>Hi all:
>   I want to install zope onto Redhat 6.0, But after I have compile python
>source code on Redhat6.0,I found that It cannot compile Zope correctly,
>The error message is:
>      Lack of multithread ...
>I compile python with --thread-- . But it still not work, Can some one told
>me how to resolve this problem.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>   Victor zhai.
>

>"WorldSecure Server <ogilvy.com>" made the following
> annotations on 12/22/99 05:34:11
>Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you are
not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such
case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to email for
messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of the Ogilvy Group shall be understood
as neither given nor endorsed by it.

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 5
>From: Victor.Zhai@ogilvy.com
>Subject: [Zope-dev] How to display the current content in another windows?
>To: zope-dev@zope.org
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:38:13 +0800
>charset=us-ascii
>

>Hi,All
>   In ZSQL method of my project, I want to display the research result in
>another windows when click on one of hyperlinker.
>For example:
>  The original result are:
>  The result will be something like this:
>       Victor zhai  26 ...
>
>  What I want to do is smething like this:(Display this information in
>another windows)
>      <TR><TD> Details information:<a href="#"
onClick="window.open('&dtml-absolute_url/displayInfo','','scrollbars=yes,width=640,hei
ght=430')">