[Zope-dev] ZFormulator review...

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 12:12:39 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Chris McDonough wrote:

> - Martijn includes a .zexp file for demo purposes in the product which
> gets placed into the import directory upon untarring the product file.
> I think this is OK, but I wonder if anybody else has thoughts on the
> implications of placing stuff into directories other than the intended
> product directory within a product tarball?  For instance, I would
> consider it bad form for a Product to expand something into the
> lib/python/OFS directory.  Others might disagree.  What about products
> just going right ahead and creating instances of their classes within
> the ZODB upon installation?  Or products automatically importing demo
> .zexp (or equivalent) files into the App object?  Bad form or no?

Apart from /Products and /Extensions (for external methods) and
/usr/lib/Products (for python code), you will occasionally need a .zexp
file to complete installation. For example, a product that is a mixture
of ZClasses and External methods would probably be packed up in a
tarball that puts the external methods in the correct place, and places
a .zexp file in your import directory to create the ZClasses.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au