[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Moz] ANNOUNCE: Zope management tree in Mozilla

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Sat, 08 Jan 2000 21:19:57 -0600

Shalabh Chaturvedi wrote:

> From: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have created a little demo of what can be achieved mixing Zope, RDF,
> > XUL and Mozilla.
> <snipped>
> >
> > You can download it, or view a static demo, at:
> >
> >   http://www.zope.org/Members/mj/Mozilla/RDFTree
> <snipped>
> >

> I've worked more on this and produced an 'explorer-like' view of the
> Zope intallation.
> Here's a screenshot :
> http://www.zope.org/Members/shalabh/Mozilla/zide/zide.gif
> Get the entire thing here:
> http://www.zope.org/Members/shalabh/Mozilla/zide
>
> Martijn : should we merge this into your stream?

Very nice!  I think a lot of the pain of dealing with Zope through the current
management interface goes away if the latency of the request/reply cycle is
imperceptible -- your tree view emulates the interface perfectly, and quickly
(of course caching has its own problems...).

I wonder if we could fold in the XUL markup editor, and allow client-side
creation/editing of DTML documents and methods (with some validation?), with
submission.

Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com