[Zope-dev] Notes on a Zope IDE

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:30:01 +0100

Hi Eron,
I am doing a HTML-editor/Content Manager using components
from Internet Explorer 5.
I have just looked at the possibilities to use XML-RPC to
manage the interaction between Zope and IE5 (including any
application using the IE5 components) and my conclusion
so far is that there's a need for a Zope API for this.

Making the manage_-API accessible trough XML-RPC (and any other
programmatic way) would probably be a good start.
At the moment many (perhaps all) of the manage_ method return
HTML when called via XML-RPC. Some functions return "cannot marshal
objects" errors.

I would gladly take part in any development/discussion of this API.

Best Regards,
Johan Carlsson