[Zope-dev] simple revision control(?) for Data.fs.

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:04:04 +1100

>>> "Stuart 'Zen' Bishop" wrote
> A 'quick hack' method of doing this would be to ascii encode your
> data.fs (uuencode, base64 - anything as long as you have line feeds)
> and use RCS to handle all the deltas.

I thought about that. It's ugly, and will consume even more space than
the current ZODB. In the case of a pack, won't RCS just store the whole
thing in the RCS file again? or will it use some other format?

You're also going to end up with a huge Data.fs.uu,v (or whatever) file.

> Or you could buy a Netapp and use the built-in snapshot facilities :-)

:-P

Anthony