[Zope-dev] Bug in 2.1.2?

Robert Sander gurubert@gurubert.de
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:50:45 +0100

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 10:54:26AM -0500, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> > I just installed Zope 2.1.2 which comes now with debian potato, and I
> > think I found a bug that may be corrected in the official version.
> >
> > In file .../zope/lib/python/ZPublish/Publish.py line 173:
> >
> > 	except KeyError:
> >
> > should say
> >
> > 	except (TypeError, KeyError):

I missed the braces, typo, sorry.

> Hmm.. in the latest CVS there is no specified error type at all after
> the except, the code I have will catch all exceptions.  I'll check the
> 2.1.2 release, since the CVS is different than what you point out that
> probably means whatever problem you're having is fixed.

That was stated also by Andrew M. Kuchling <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org>
and I already thought that this is corrected in the CVS.

Not catching the TypeError disables the hole ZOPE-System, that was the
problem. I could not even log in to the management-screen...

Greetings
--
Robert Sander                                 www.gurubert.de