[Zope-dev] Authentication Patch

Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:41:46 +1100

>>> "Stuart 'Zen' Bishop" wrote
> On 12 Jan 2000, Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:
>
> > Evan> I got tired of dealing with the weird mechanics cookie-based
> > Evan> logins have to deal with, where standard_html_error and
> > Evan> tracebacks intrude on login intercepts.  I came up with the
> > Evan> following minor change, which works great for me, and might make
> > Evan> GenericUserFolder's job easier, too.
>
> > Evan> What do you folks think?
>
> Evan - If it works like you say, it will mean I get to strip quite a bit
> of ugly code out of GUF (or at least skip it if the Zope version number
> is high enough) :-) I have no time atm though to check for sure...

If it works as I think it should (from looking at the code) I too will be
a verry happy bunny. The cookie login stuff is a leetle bit painful right
now. We've had to jump over all sorts of hurdles with our hacked up copy
of UserDb (well, it was UserDb, once. It's own mother wouldn't recognise
it now :)

I might give it a whirl on our non-public test site...

Anthony