[Zope-dev] ZClasses: invalid id, but id doesn't exist

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:18:45 -0700

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> If I remember correctly from the source, CatalogAware.py defines a "summary"
> method that returns the first 100 or 200 bytes of the text content...
>
> This is why KM|Net News has a "teaser" instead of a "summary" :)

Thanks, Kevin.

Perhaps I missed it earlier becuase I use 'Summary' normally. This time,
however, I was making a product to take advantage of SiteSummary's
automated indexing, which will incorporate summary if present.

Maybe SiteSummary can be changed to look for Summary as well as summary?
Otherwise, no CatalogAware ZClass will play very well with SiteSummary's
auto-indexing feature.

Bummer.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.