[Zope-dev] Help needed: why is this DTML not working in zope 2 ?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 04 Jul 2000 15:06:54 +0100

Gilles Lavaux wrote:

> Argh!!!
>
> no, I made a typo error : it was <!--#var image_name-->.the syntax was good.
> Ok, I will use the new syntax in my new sites. But for my old site, I will
> not modify my ~500 dtml methods, except if there is a way to automate the
> change.

You can write a pretty simple external method to walk your Zope object
heirarchy looking for DTML Methods and DTML documents, then altering the
syntax. Shouldn't take more than an hour to write and debug and test and
document, if you've written stuff in Python before.

I'm off to a meeting for a few hours, but harrass me later and I'll send
to the list a proof-of-concept external method to get you started.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer