[Zope-dev] why does an error in my externalmethod ...

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 18:11:41 +0200 (CEST)

make the folder from which it was invoked inaccessable ?

continuing work on my external, I removed all modifications of self, so no
transactions or better modifications of the ZODB took place. During the
development cycle: editing the external methods, testing it through
calling it through the browser, after editing the method the call of
.../Movies/testForm resulted in a not found error.
also I cannot enter the folder "Movies", if I click on it in the
managementscreen, I also get the not found error. There is no transaction
to undo, I restarted Zope no luck, I tried to delete the folder and get
the error:

Error Type: SystemError
Error Value: Failed to import class setrecord from module __main__

(Object: manage_delObjects)
File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.4/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in
call_object
(Object: manage_delObjects)
File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.4/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 395, in
manage_delObjects
(Object: ElementWithAttributes)
File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.4/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 267, in
_delObject
(Object: ElementWithAttributes)
File /usr/local/Zope-2.1.4/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 396, in
setstate
SystemError: (see above)

The class setrecord is in my external-method. I luckily had packed zodb
shortly before that, and it is just a testserver. So I copied the
Data.fs.old to Data.fs. Till now I could not reproduce the error. I still
have the corrupted Data.fs.

But I had that occure before, after making an error in the external
method, the calling folder was not accessible anymore. But there I also
had modified self, so I had a transaction which I could "undo".

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Joachim Schmitz

AixtraWare, Ing. Büro für Internetanwendungen
Hüsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163