[Zope-dev] ZPatterns -- trigger add events not working

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:36:59 +0100

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> This would explain why you only get a change event, since if add happens
> after change, it is ignored.  I'm curious how the change event is getting
> called first, since...  Oh.  I'll bet I know what it is.  It's probably
> that manage_afterAdd is being called later in the ObjectManager code than
> it used to be, and/or Zope is trying to set an _owner attribute on the
> newly added object.  Crap.  This is going to take some rethinking to find
> another way to trap the Zope "add" event.  :(

If it saves you any time, here's part of a traceback from an exception
raised in _objectChanging():

File /lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 466, in createInObjectManager
File /lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 258, in _setObject
File /lib/python/AccessControl/Role.py, line 393, in
manage_setLocalRoles

Looks like you're right -- manage_setLocalRoles.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer