[Zope-dev] Beginning Zope User

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:39:52 +0100

Hi John,

John Gunnar Carlsson wrote:

> Help!  I downloaded a product and uploaded it to my directory, but I don't
> know how to unzip it.  I'm using NT.  Whenever I load WinZip it will only
> let me unzip it to local places on the hard disk but nowhere on the Zope
> directory itself.

This list is for discussion about developing the innards of Zope and
really technical stuff like that.
The correct mailing list for your question is the more general
zope@zope.org.

2: I'm not sure what you're asking.

When you ask again in zope@zope.org, be sure to say all of the
following:

* Exactly which version of Zope you have installed

* Where on your harddisk you have installed it

* What the product is you have downloaded

* Exactly the steps you have tried to follow to install the software

* What documentation you are getting your steps from, and where you got
that documentation from

This might all sound like a lot, but it really is the minimum I'd need
in order to be able to answer your question correctly. Also, if you ask
on zope@zope.org, others who might have a similar problem will benefit
from any answer.

--
Steve Alexander