[Zope-dev] ZPatterns: missing docstring in getItem()

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 15:08:04 +0100

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> >That's great. Did you get my message about errors in triggered methods?
>
> Yes, I did, but the solution requires some more thought.  I had thought I
> had the "Transactional" machinery set up so that stuff was only called
> during transaction phases where it was safe to throw errors.  So I'm going
> to have to go back and review that.  However, I also think that errors in
> triggers should result in a rollback-and-abort, rather than silently
> failing, which could cause many other problems.

Right. So the application designer has the choice of whether to put
their methods that are called by GenericTriggers in try-except blocks,
if it doesn't matter if the trigger fails. But it is generally assumed
that triggers need to run without exceptions for the application to work
consistently.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer