[Zope-dev] several permissions for the same method

Jephte CLAIN Jephte.Clain@univ-reunion.fr
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:46:49 +0400

Hello,

is it possible for a single method, under Zope 2.1.6, to have several
permissions? ie

__ac_permission__ = (
    ('edit my data', 'edit_data'),
    ('edit others\'s data', 'edit_data'),
)

I have the scenario where a user can edit *its* data but not other
users's data, unless he has a special role. however, the method used to
edit one's data is the same.
So I make sure inside the edit_data method that the user has the
adequate permissions if he tries to edit another one's data.

this does not work. indeed, lib/python/AccessControl/Permission.py
reads:

    # Attribute names which appear in a
    # permission may not appear in any other permission defined
    # by the
object.

thanks in advance for any advices.

regards,