[Zope-dev] Expanded "access" file (was Re: LoginManager patch consideredharmful)harmful)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:11:33 -0500

At 10:15 AM 7/19/00 -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>Chris Withers wrote:
>>
>> "Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
>> > Maybe, maybe not.  I think perhaps the most compelling argument from
>> > Digital Creations' viewpoint for having an expanded "access" file
might be
>> > the simplification of the setup process for customers.  And it would also
>> > make it easier to:
>> >
>> > 1) Phase out unownedness (user databases wouldn't need it)
>> > 2) Narrow the role of superuser (super-can-create hack can go away)
>> > 3) Do Zope virtual hosting and give somebody a Zope root and even
>> > superuser, while still being able to log in
>> > 4) Stop all the whining from people who want to know why superuser can't
>> > create or own objects any more.  :)
>>
>> This sounds great, what happened about it?
>
>You speak in the past tense.  This is only a suggestion and a
>possibility. It's not as important as some other feature requests.

Patch opportunity, perhaps?  :)  Ty and I would do it, no problem.  Heck,
I've been tempted to do it as a LoginManager function, since Zope doesn't
pay attention to anything past the first line of the "access" file...