[Zope-dev] Zope 2.2.0 and SiteAccess 2.0.0b2 -- doesn't work?

Michael Monsen phydoux@xmission.com
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:20:14 -0600 (MDT)

Hello everybody,

	I've looked through the mailing list archives and saw one
individual who had this problem but seemed to be able to fix it by
removing and then re-installing SiteAccess.  I haven't been that lucky.

	I have just freshly installed Zope 2.2.0 on a Red Hat Linux 6.2
machine.  The first thing I did after installing Zope was start it up to
verify that I can access it (http://localhost:8080/.)  Everything works
fine.  I then stop Zope and install SiteAccess by untaring in the Products
directory.  I restart Zope.  SiteAccess is listed in the products section.
	I then proceed to add a SiteRoot object in my / folder.  After
filling in the fields in the creation screen, I press create.  At that
point I get an error stating that the folder already has a SiteRoot object
(even though I am POSITIVE there wasn't one when I started.)  I press OK,
and the SiteRoot object is there in the folder.  However, when I access
the / folder with my browser, none of the URLs are modified as I expect
them to be.

	I have tried removing and re-installing SiteAccess, as well as
blowing away my Zope install and re-installing.  Neither has worked.

	Furthermore, when I go to delete the SiteRoot object from the
directory, I get the following errors:

2000-07-20T17:17:27 ERROR(200) Zope manage_beforeDelete() threw Traceback
(innermost last):
  File /usr/local/EMtech-Zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 294,
in _del Object
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File /usr/local/EMtech-Zope/lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/SiteRoot.py,
line 4 5, in manage_beforeDelete
    (Object: SiteRoot) AttributeError: meta

	Can anybody help me with this?

--
Michael Monsen                   | Due to lack of interest,
phydoux@xmission.com             |    next week has been cancelled.