[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-PTK] PROPOSAL: Splitting ZPatterns into two products

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:51:29 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:
> "Phillip J. Eby" wrote:
> > So, I am thinking perhaps I should split ZPatterns into two products:
> > PlugIns and DataSkins.

If 'PlugIns' includes plugins, plugin groups and plugin containers, then
that's a pretty good name :-)
(If I've missed bits out and the like, please let me know, I'm trying to
keep up to date ;-)

'DataSkins' doesn't mean a lot to me as a name :S
What components would go into this product?

> I'm all for this proposal.

Yup, sounds like a great idea. Hopefulyl Pluggins could get into the
Zope core ASAP. I reckon they might be quite useful to ZMI mark II :-)

> The only problem I see is that the work of updating the developer
> documentation on the Wikis, and putting "historical documents", like the
> IRC chat transcript, in a context where they make sense.
> I'm willing to spend some time on the documentation work.

Has anyone done anything with the 'glossary wiki' idea I punted out a
while back?
I would have liked to have done it but have been a little busy :(

anyway, sounds cool :-)

Chris