[Zope-dev] Acquisition Confusion :S

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:29:17 +0100

I still don't get this :(

Here's the situation:

A has attributes B and C, C has attribute D

my old working:

A.B.C.D = (B o A) : .C.D

        now, since C is found in A:

        = ((C o A) o (B o A)) : .D

        again since D is found in C:

        = ((D o C) o ((C o A) o (B o A)))

However, this:
> This last line should be (((D o C) o (C o A)) o ((C o A) o (B o A))), which

Implies that rather than the rule I was working on which was:
If X is found in Y, the next line becomes ((X o Y) o {the last line})

This rule applies:
If X is found in Y, then the next line becomes (((X o Y) o (wrapper of
which Y was either parent or self)) o {the last line})

Is this the case?

If so, why? ;-)

> In this case aq_inner is the entire
> expression, since aq_self is not a wrapper.

I still don't get this at all :(

I hoep someone can help more :~(

> The IPC8 slides are in error, and need to be fixed.

Similarly, does the dev-wiki still have a purpose? It feels like the
unmaintained precursor to dev.zope.org...

cheers,

Chris