[Zope-dev] Memory 2.1.4-2.1.6

Eric Sattler sattler@enteract.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 00:45:05 -0500

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Eric Sattler wrote:
> >
> > Bill,
> >
> > Jason and I seem to have gotten mixed up here.
>
> Yeah, mix-ups tend to happen on lists ;-)
>
> > Here is my
> > configuration and situation, the 2.1.4-2.1.6 means that it occurs
> > under both versions of Zope.  It also occurs with the Neil Schemenauer
> > gc python patches.  Here is my original posting:
> >
> > I also am having severe problems with memory creep.  Our problem
> > exhibits itself by quickly using gobs of memory and requiring a
> > zope restart after about a day and a half at about 100M resident.
> >
> > First our configuration:
> >
> > Core Components:
> >
> > FreeBSD 4.0/FreeBSD 3.4 - on separate machines of course
> > Postgres 6.5.3/Postgres 7.0(fixes some memory leaks)
> > Python 1.5.2
> > Zope 2.1.4/2.1.6 have tried both
> > pcgi with ZServer
> > Apache w/mod_ssl 1.3.9 and 1.3.12
> >
> > Products:
> >
> > ZPySQLDA
> > SQLSession
> > GenericUserFolder
>
> I don't know if you saw it or not, but so far GUF has been determined to
> be a memory leak, and further was dermined to be causing further leakage
> in SQLSession (as well as on or two other products, IIRC). A patch/new
> version was posted, and may be worth a trial upgrade to see if that
> fixes it. IIRC, it was related to things not being removed from cache,
> imagine that! :)

Did see that, sounds like some promising progress has been made.  Is the
latest version of SQLSession up on the Zope site?  I think Anthony
Baxter
referred to releasing a 0-2-9 version?  Can't seem to find anything
greater than 0-2-3, or else there is a patch directory I am missing.

> To do this without compromising your production site, you can basically
> copy your setup to the other machine (remember that the paths should be
> kept the same if possible), carry out the experiments, and note the
> results. This is how I test many things.

Got several machines with 3 different versions of zope on 'em ready once
install the patches for GUF and SQLSession.