[Zope-dev] setting proxy roles from a python product add method

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:32:17 -0400 (EDT)

In the add method for a python product, I need to set the proxy
role of a method I am adding to a folder to 'manager'.  What is
the correct way to do this? I tried searching the interfaces Wiki
under 'proxy' but received no enlightenment.

Under 2.1.6, looking at the DTMLMethod source, it looked like I
just needed to do <method>._proxy_roles=('Manager',), but when I
did that now when I (as manager) try to access the instantiated
method I get an authorization error.  As superuser I can get to
the management screens, and 'Manager' is checked in the proxy
screen.  But loosing access to the object as a manager was definately
an unexpected side effect, so I must have done something wrong.
The security tab for the method looks OK, with 'acquire' and 'manager'
checked for all listed roles, so there is no obvious reason why
I can't access the object as a manager.

--RDM