[Zope-dev] [ANN] Zope at Linuxtag 2000 in Stuttgart

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:51:33 -0700

Hello everyone,

A couple of days back Martijn Faassen and I had the idea to organize a
European Zope conference. Maik Roeder reminded me of the upcoming Linuxtag
2000 in Stuttgart. So I contacted the Linuxtag staff and we will have a
booth. Martin Schulze, my main contact, will  also try to get a Zope
Conference setup for us, which would give us 2 rooms for one day fitting 50
people per room, where we can have talks and discussions.

The Linuxtag will be from June 29th (Thursday) to July 2nd (Sunday). It
will be in the Exhibition Center (Messegelaende) in Stuttgart, Germany.

I know we have little time to organize the conference (26 days). We have
one day to fill with speeches and discussions, so please let me know if
there are people willing to give some talks or want to have "Special
Interest Group" discussions, like E-commerce, XML or Portals in Zope. I
would also like to know, who would be able to come, so I can give the
Linuxtag staff some feedback.

Here are some subjects I thought we could have: The ZDP Portal (Maik
Roeder, ....), XML in Zope (I know Martijn F. did a lot of work there. ;-),
An Introduction to Zope for newbies (Stephan Richter -- me), ZClasses,
Python Products for Zope and so on.

I also would like to hear some talks and discussions about Python products
that Zope uses, such as PyGres, PIL, mxDateTime and other modules. I would
be very glad, if some Python-only people would show some interest too. :-)

The speeches and discussion can be held in German and English (preferred,
since we expect people from other countries).

So, everyone who is interested in preparing a talk or discussion, please
send me an E-Mail and I will compile it to a schedule. The rooms will be
open for us between 9:00 am - 8:00 pm on Thursday the 29th.

Let's make this a successful event!

Regards,
Stephan

--