[Zope-dev] TextIndex Questions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:07:59 +0200 (CEST)

Michel Pelletier writes:
 > > simple boolean query language that allows
 > > 'and', 'or', phrasing, parenthesized boolean expressions, and
 > > proximity matching.
 > Except for proximity searching, it is all true.  I was in error when I
 > stated that proximity searching was  supported.  The code is there, buy
 > the back end storage and references to the objects to do the proximity
 > matching had to be ripped out of ZTables because of size constraints.
 > You would have to create a meta-data table entry for your text content
 > that was indexed which is not efficient at all for a minor feature.
Zope 2.1.6 contains a minor bug for "and not".
Patch coming soon.

I think, I can provide soon (Tuesday/Wednesday) a patch
that allows for proximity searching.
The code is almost ready: rather than remembering the
text information, it remembers the object and extracts
the text on demand.
The code currently fails, if the object no longer exists
or is a "Local File System" object (which can not truely be
remembered in an IOBTree).
Thus, I need to add some exception handling, and test
a bit.

Dieter