[Zope-dev] LM and user objects

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Tue, 06 Jun 2000 16:31:20 -0600

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 04:03 PM 6/6/00 -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:
> >
> >I am using the deafult UserSource that comes with LM for the moment (one
> >step at a time ;)
>
> LM or PTK?

LM

(Waiting for Dan's changes before trying _any_ LM with PTK ;)

> >When I try to add through the manage interface, I get:
> >Error Type: KeyError
> >Error Value: _v_rack
>
> Eh?  What manage interface?  Nothing Ty or I put out has a manage interface
> to add a user.

The management interface, a sin click through Lm to UserSouorce, select
LM User object from the  select-box. Sorry, in ahurry I left off 'ment'
:/

> >So I judge that this interface to be a no-workie.
>
> I guess so.  :)
>
> >So I tried the form->method method, and I get:
> >Error Type: NotFound
> >Error Value: None
> >
> >And no help in the traceback. :(
>
> The what method?  I'm sorry, I'm completely lost.

I made a form that took an input for id , and called the newItem(id)
method.

>  If you're using the
> PTK's PersistentUserSource, I don't know anything helpful to tell you,
> 'cause I haven't had time to look at it yet (too busy on ZPatterns, not to
> mention non-Zope work).

Yeah, I hear you. I am finally getting the time to start doing some
heavy work with LM and PTK later this month, so I am trying to get
caught up, so to speak. figured since i knew more abot pTK than LM, that
LM would be a good thing to start with. :)