[Zope-dev] Request for comments: Directory storage

Petru Paler ppetru@coltronix.com
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:28:35 +0300 (EEST)

> I'd love some sort of benchmarking tool for this (and posibly other
> Storages). I guess the best way would a python script that uses urllib.
> Something that would algorithmically pump up the DB to > 1GB in size
> and retrieve the URL's. Any volunteers or am I doing it in my
> copious spare time (tm)?

It would be great if you could do it, but beware that you will be
benchmarking a lot of overhead if you only plan to measure storage
performance. Why not use ZODB directly ?

> I've got a nice NetApp here to run some tests on.

What filesystem does that use ?

-Petru