[Zope-dev] broken products after update

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:24:02 -0400

Doug,

You can get some information on what's going wrong by adding the
following to your 'start' script (if you're on UNIX, the Windows
incantation is different and I don't know it):

reldir=`dirname $0`
STUPID_LOG_FILE=$reldir/var/STUPID.log
export STUPID_LOG_FILE

Start Zope after adding this to the top of your start script.  Then look
at the contents of var/STUPID.log and check for error messages relating
to your instances.

Chances are that your ZClass instances contain or otherwise reference
instances of classes that were in a product that was not installed after
you did the upgrade.