[Zope-dev] Calling rendered objects from a product

Carlos Neves cneves@ruido-visual.pt
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:47:29 +0100

Hi,

In the effort of developing a Cache scheme wich would work for highly dinamic
data, and where the called page might be called with an enormous amount of dif
query strings, I stumbled with a little problem...

I need to call a rendered url, passed the REQUEST and wanted to do it directly
to the self var. Not being able to do it, I have come with the solution of
calling urllib with URL1, the called object and '?' + the query string... Not
 that fancy, but it works... slowly but smoothly.
I am having a bit of trouble, though, when calling this Cache with 1000
connections and 100 simultaneous. The server times out and commits a silent
suicide. It keeps working as far as the start script is concerned, but no
longer responds to any requests. I have only the fact that I can call a dtml
method with the values above with no trouble at all as a clue, so any pointer
will be quite welcome.

the cache prod is called CachePool and is available in:
  http://www.zope.org/Members/neli/CachePool

--
Carlos Neves
cneves@ruido-visual.pt