[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] sql-statements in DTML-Methods....

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:50:14 -0500

For the most part all a ZSQL method does is used some specialized DTML
syntax to contruct a string that is your SQL query. You can create a ZQL
method, say "GenericSQL", that has 1 parameter, let's call it
"SQLStatement", whose sole DTML statement is "<dtml-var SQLStatement>".

To use it you would do this:

<dtml-in "GeneicSQL(SQLStatement='select * from the_table where the_var =
\'var_value\'')>
</dtml-in>

You can replace the literal string with a string variable like from a filed
on a form where you entered you SQL statement.

I use this method extensively.

Jim Sanford