[Zope-dev] 2.2 or Membership Component alpha problem, and suggestions for thelatterlatter

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:04:42 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Anderson" <bill@libc.org>
To: <zope-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2000 9:06 PM
Subject: [Zope-dev] 2.2 or Membership Component alpha problem, and
suggestions for thelatterlatter

> Problem:
> If you try to add a membership system to your root folder, and it has an
> acl_users folder, you will not succeed in adding it, ecause it will
> complain about mismatched passwords (or at least it did for me).
>
> Solution:
> Delete the acl_users fodler first.

This one is fixed in 0.6.

> Now, onto the current issue. I have some DTML that adds ZClass
> instances. The Member user has the appropriate roles, yet is refused.
>
> The forbidden page tells me I need Manager role. Now, why is this? In
> particular, I am using the MeetingManagement product. It works fine in
> 2.1.6. I think it is related to the security changes in 2.2. Problem is,
> even adding proxy roles for the methods in the chain changes nothing.

One possibility: Version 0.5 created the Member role, but did not create any
permissions for it. Version 0.6 creates all three roles and sets up
permissions just like the Portal.py file.

> Now, a suggestion for Kevin:
> It would be nice if there was user management for the Membership
> component's default setup. I am sure you're thinking about it, but
> thought I'd let you know it is needed :)  Specifically, there should be
> some way that the site manager can modify theroles of the users, reset
> passwords, and DELETE them as needed. Any ideas/work being done for
> this?

This shouldn't be too difficult. To be completely functional, this probably
would need a Catalog, so that you can search by email address... but, making
a couple forms to change a user with a known user name should be quite easy.

Kevin