[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] <:xxx> syntax (was: HTML Editors that recognize DTML)

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:44:33 -0300

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 07:49:21PM -0400, Jon Franz wrote:

> Also, its not XML compliant either, but I have a shorter dtml syntax patch
> available for download at:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/Coventry/dtml_shortcut
>
> it is a really small patch, and just allows <: to replace <dtml- or <!--#
> inside your documents, such as in the snippet below:
>
> <:var foo>
> <:if expr="la=lala">
> So you think la and lala are the same!?
> <:else>
> Ah, so you see a diffrence!
> </:if>

I like this syntax; I'm in favour of adding it to a future
version of Zope (2.2.1?).

Except that your patch says it's GPLed, and GPL code cannot be
added to a ZPL product; please re-release as ZPL (I'm all in
favour of GPL, but this is not a good case for it :-) )

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar