[Zope-dev] Calendar tag 0.9.6 breaks with 2.2.0b3??

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:34:21 -0400

"Dr. Ross Lazarus" wrote:
> >  > The offending line in CalendarTag.py is
> >  >
> >  >         ns = namespace(self,
> >  >             date = date,
> >  >             mode = self.mode,
> >  >             firstday = firstday,
> >  >             setCalendar = self.setCalendar_,
> >  >             getCalendar = self.getCalendar_,
> >  >             linkDate = self.linkDate_
> >  >         )[0]

I haven't tried this, but I think if you change the "self" argument in
the namespace() call from CalendarTag to "md", the problem will be
resolved.  I think that's what Ty meant to do, but the old mechanism
didn't care; it didn't even look at the first argument.  In other words:

> >  >         ns = namespace(md,
> >  >             date = date,
> >  >             mode = self.mode,
> >  >             firstday = firstday,
> >  >             setCalendar = self.setCalendar_,
> >  >             getCalendar = self.getCalendar_,
> >  >             linkDate = self.linkDate_

Of course, it's kinda crazy for me to be sending out untested patches to
other people's work.  :-)  But if this works, it will also be
backwards-compatible.

Shane