[Zope-dev] Product Data Storage

Andy Dawkins andyd@nipltd.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:40:43 +0100

Dan wrote:
>Shared data should go in zope/var, or a subdirectory of that.
>Zope/lib should be considered read-only by running products unless
>explicitly changed by the user.  As you have correctly pointed out,
>lots of machines share Zope installations for multiple servers.
>
>A standard interface for Python code to get a private subdirectory of
>var might well be useful.

Now we're talking, that sounds reasonable.  Thanks for pointing out the
zope/var vs Zope/lib, point taken.  I'm about to code this bit now so for
version 0.2 I'll put a text file in the zope/var directory.

The private subdirectory idea sounds great, but I think some people may
prefer a ZODB solution due to backup's, accessibility and, dare I say it,
ZEO.

Arrgghh, ZEO I didn't think about it until just then. Are there any ZEO
issue's I need to be aware of?

OK - These are great suggestions and I am taking them all in, honest.

Cheers
-Andy