[Zope-dev] Product Data Storage

Loren Stafford lstafford@icompression.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:23:51 -0700

This issue sounds similar to ZScheduler's Schedule catalog.

In that case we decided to put the Schedule in the root folder. There is no
more global data than the catalog itself, but if there were it could be
stored in the catalog folder, since catalogs are folderish.

There used to be some code in ZScheduler to make the Schedule undeletable,
but I took it out during development because I got locked out too often. I
may put it back in later. I can make it public if you'd like.

ZScheduler's __init__.py method creates this global data structure if and
only if it doesn't already exist. Because ZScheduler creates it, it can
assign the appropriate permissions and methods to manage the global
structure any way it wants.

-- Loren