[Zope-dev] DISCUSS: Moving CVS repository

Patrick Phalen zope@teleo.net
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:42:48 -0800

MAE West had some severe problems yesterday afternoon PST.

[J C Lawrence, on Tue, 29 Feb 2000]
:: On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:49:06 +0000
:: Robin Becker <robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk> wrote:
::
:: > ...  Sourceforge seems to be a victim of its own success. It's
:: > often too slow to use from this side of the ocean as timeouts
:: > occur somewhere along the line and shut me down. I guess that must
:: > be due to the heavy load.
::
:: SoureForge is hosted at Above.Net, a tier 1 ISP that is one hop from
:: MAE West, and is multiply connected with an almost staggering
:: bandwith as you can see here:
::
::   http://www.above.net/network/network.html
::
:: I also know the hardware and software at SF fairly well (I used to
:: work at VA right next to the SourceForge guys (the called "Cold
:: Storage")).  You're not running into load problems.  See the
:: following for hardware specs:
::
::   http://sourceforge.net/docs/site/hardware.php
::
:: I suspect your performance problems are due to intercontinental
:: bandwidth, not SourceForge directly.
::
:: --
:: J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
:: ----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu
:: --=| A man is as sane as he is dangerous to his environment |=--
::
:: Zope-Dev maillist  -  Zope-Dev@zope.org
:: **  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
:: (Related lists -
::  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce