[Zope-dev] RE: Can't get DateTime from REQUEST. Bizarre or just dumb?

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:35:54 -0800

From: Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com>

> From: Loren Stafford [mailto:lstaffor@dynalogic.com]
> > All attempts to access executeAt result in NameError, even tho it's
> > obviously there. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> >     > C:\Zope214\bin\lib\pdb.py(868)set_trace()->None
> >     -> Pdb().set_trace()
> >     (Pdb) s
> >     >
> > C:/Zope214\lib\python\Products\ZScheduler\ZEvent.py(100)manage_edit()
> >     -> self.executeAt=executeAt
> >     (Pdb) s
> >     NameError: 'executeAt'
>
> What is the method signature? If it doesn't include the executeAt
> parameter, it will not be in your namespace. REQUEST variables cannot
> automagically be accessed like in DTML.
>
> Does REQUEST['exexcuteAt'] work?

I had to go back and study ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.HTTPRequest.__getitem__ to
understand why. REQUEST is a complex animal. Yes REQUEST['executeAt'] works,
as does REQUEST.executeAt.

Now I will be able to rearm events after the Dispatcher fires them. If only
I could get some of them to fire....

-- Thanks
-- Loren