[Zope-dev] Grabbing all the keys/values/trinkets from previous REQUEST

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 12:35:57 -0600

Jason Spisak <444@hiretechs.com> wrote:

> I am trying to grab all the values from a previous form and include them
> in the next form.
> The following code works fine, but I would like to garner the trinkets
> as well.  Is that possible from the REQUEST.form()?  If not, I think
> they should marshall into their proper forms if I convert them on the
> backside.  But that would be a pain.
>
>  <dtml-in "_.range(0,_.len(REQUEST.form.keys()))">
>    <dtml-let a=sequence-item>
>      <input type="hidden" name="<dtml-var "REQUEST.form.keys()[a]">"
> value="<dtml-var "REQUEST.form.values()[a]">">
>    </dtml-let>
>  </dtml-in>

I don't quite know what you mean by "trinkets".  The following is a slightly
cleaner cut at your code::

  <!-- items() returns a dic't key-value pairs -->
  <dtml-in "REQUEST.form.items()">
    <input type="hidden" name="&dtml-sequence-key;"
value="&dtml-sequence-item;">
  </dtml-in>

Are "trinkets" the ":list" style names, and the original, unmangled data?  I
don't think there is any easy way to get access to them inside the called form.
Hmmm, I'll think on it.

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com