[Zope-dev] Pointer or reference object

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:31:00 +0100

One problem with having a reference count base class that's
responsible for inactivate/delete the reference object is
that Zope lacks a event model.
If a folder/container is deleted it doesn't inform its
siblings before it's deleted. And that may lead to invalid
reference objects.
I think ZCatalog have the same problem?

There is a pointer product in the download section,
have you looked at it?

//Johan