[Zope-dev] objects that don't acquire from themselves?

Michael Halle halazar@media.mit.edu
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:14:34 -0500

I'm trying to write a zope object that has two characteristics:

1. it is an ObjectManager, and has a collection of methods as children,

2. it acts as a document, and uses methods with the same name as its children.

However, no matter from where the object is referenced (either directly
or from somewhere else in the object tree by acquisition), I don't
want the object to use its own child method definitions: either is
acquires the methods from somewhere else or the references should fail.

Is there a canonical way of doing this?

Thanks.

Michael Halle
mhalle@bwh.harvard.edu